Wednesday, April 02, 2014

apr 16 | matt epp + tourist co open for kim churchill


I know nothing about Kim Churchill, but this concert caught my eye immediately when the ad showed up on my Facebook page - because it mentioned that Matt Epp would be opening. Heard Matt at the Folk Festival a few years back - appealing rootsy folk style, and all Jesus-y, at that time Matt was living the "foxes have holes and the birds have their nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head" hippy-gypsey-StFrancis kind of life. Looked at the concert details this morning, and now I see that The Tourist Company are also sharing the bill - who utterly charmed me when they played Christmas Presence in December. Wonder if I'm free June 16? Just need to go pick up my datebook where I left it last night…


Kim Churchill
with The Tourist Company and Matt Epp
wed apr 16 | doors 8pm
The Biltmore Cabaret

advance tickets $15 + s/c
at Northern Tickets, Red Cat Records, Zulu Records

Having completed international dates as the hand-picked support act on Billy Bragg’s epic Tooth and Nail tour, Australian musical nomad Kim Churchill is set to release his new album Silence Win on April 1st via Fontana North.


No comments: